Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We started out on the morning of the 4th of July standing outside a KingSoopers (the grocery store here) and asking people if they were registered to vote. This is one way that Steve volunteered us to help with the election this year. We were supposed to have people fill out a registration if they weren't registered, but we got kicked out after only a half hour so we didn't register anyone. I must also add that Steve did the standing and talking, I did the sitting on the comfortable chair watching portion.
We went to the Arvada festival which ended up being a bust because it was 100 degrees outside with no cloud cover so we bailed from that rather quickly and instead got slurpees and went to the movies.
In the evening we went to the Westminster fireworks show at the park and it was quite a blast. They even lit the field on fire (oops!).

Today we just got back from the Cherry Creek Arts Festival, which is a very large street stand festival for hundreds of artists. There is also entertainment, kids crafts, and lots of food. It was a great day to go walk around there because it was slightly cooler (96) and there were lots of clouds.

All in all it was a fun weekend =-)

Oh, and P.S. I had another doctors appointment this week and heard the baby's heartbeat, though the doctor took its pulse rate it just sounded like freeway traffic to me - - swish swish swish.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Hello cute family! I snooped around and found your blog! Hehe, I'm so jealous you are having a baby! I want to but we are going to wait another year or two. Congrats!