Monday, June 22, 2009

June

I know it has been an awfully long time since the last post, but life has been full of twists, turns, surprises, and stress. We have finally found a house. With that great excitement has come days full of waiting for the bank and days full of sigining papers. There have been days where we discovered that the seller printed off the contract and other documents after I had signed, but before Steven had signed, so we had to print them off, initial every page, sign them again, and send them on their way. We had the inspection last Thursday and learned exactly what we thought we would - this house needs A LOT of love. Due to the seller's bank stipulating that we close by July 6th we have been pushing the paperwork through as quickly as possible (they gave us only three weeks to get it done). We are aiming to close on July 3rd, but our realtor doesn't have too much faith that everything will be completed in time. Therefore we have gone back to the seller's bank and received the okay to close by July 20th. We are really excited, but it couldn't be worse timing. Steven is going out of town for a 5 week business trip beginning July 5th. Chances are that I will be closing, repairing, and moving into our new home without him. I will certainly be calling on all of my friends for as much help as I can get. It is a big enough job to do all those things with a willing and able husband, but by myself with an infant I just don't know how much I'll actually accomplish. (No, there is not currently a garage door, but look at that great backyard for Cooper to play in!) So, in the land of Cooper he is growing up and out (of his clothes that is). He is now officially wearing 12 month size clothes. In fact, the jeans he has on today are a 12-18 month size and they fit! He wont be 6 months until July 2nd (which means as we close on the house I'll have to squeeze in a doctor visit for his shots). We have had a lot of fun playing at the zoo with some of our friends. He is very active now - wiggling and rolling all over the place. He also loves to put everything in his mouth. He expecially likes fabric - his hats, bibs, and blankets always end up in his mouth.
At the zoo. Trying to eat the camera.
With his friend at the zoo (they were both eating their hats - they're about a week apart in age, Cooper being older)
We took the Pac and Play to the house inspection and Cooper was facinated with pushing his face against the mesh sides.
With daddy at the inspection (Steven had just given blood before going).

2 comments:

Halsey said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how big he's getting...and I don't even get to dress him :) However, it figures, knowing you two T A L L people are his parents :) They said our baby is in the 85th percentile at 20 weeks...I guess he takes after his daddy!

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

House looks great, especially the yard, can't wait to see pictures of the updates:)