I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted here. Life has been SO busy! Cooper, Ethan and I drove to Utah for a week and enjoyed seeing the Seethaler side of the family. The boys did great in the car and since we've been home I've had a few mornings where I get Cooper ready for the day and ask, "Are you ready to go?" and he responds, "Yes, Go Opa's house?" So, Cooper really enjoyed our visit there.
We've also been working A LOT in our backyard. We're getting ready for our biggest planting season yet. Steve's been out of town for a week and a half and will be leaving again at the end of this week, but I've gone ahead and gotten a lot done without him. I'm thankful I have such great friends who've come to help me out. To date I've: moved 8tons of compost, built a "Kid Zone" (which included moving the sunflower house, drum garden, and making a kid safe area complete with fences), layed 450 square feet of sod, planted 3 flats of veggies indoors for transplanting when it gets warmer, created an above ground sprinkler system, had our front yard Ash Tree trimmed (I didn't do the work, but enjoyed watching the men climb the tree with the chainsaw - Cooper loved watching too), built a greenhouse, planted in said greenhouse. We're coming to a resting point with the yard work, so I look forward to working on my sprouts indoors for a couple of weeks before more super busy work gets crackin.
I've recently taken up some Spring Cleaning around our home as well. I've started purging as much of the clutter as possible. As of tonight (1:44AM at this exact moment) I think Spring Cleaning is an impossible task and I may give that up.
Cooper is a parrot these days. He copies everything he hears and is learning new vocabulary words every day. He can count to 12 and sing his abc's. He also loves singing Twinkle, Twinkle - the Wheels on the Bus - and the Itsy Bitsy Spider. He is ALL about dinosaurs, tigers, and construction trucks. On the way home from Utah Cooper kept saying, "Pass Big Rig! Pass Big Rig!" every time we passed a semi (which in Wyoming is a lot).
Ethan is now eating solid food and drinking from a straw like a champ. He can roll over, rotate, and scoot backwards. He can manover around the floor to reach a toy that's out of reach. He can get up on his knees and chest, but then flails his arms out to the side and whines - he REALLY wants to be mobile.
Steven got a promotion at work and is paying for it in overtime and travel. He is happy to get out of the office, but with so much work to be done he hasn't been home a whole lot. We look forward to next week when he'll be able to spend his whole week in town. Yay!
I've been working on the yard and our playgroup is part of a large consignment sale, so I've been busy gathering items and tagging them to sell. All proceeds go to our group funds to pay for parties and such, so that's a benifit, but it's been SO MUCH WORK! For anyone looking for good quality second hand baby stuff the sale is this weekend. Check out jbfsale.com and look for the Aurora sale.
I look forward to having things in my life organized, but I don't think I'll be getting around to it this week.
Smile Always,
Amanda
Polar Express
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment