Saturday, February 23, 2013

"Tool Shop" and Garden

We've been spending the cold winter weekend outside (as much as I hate the cold, I've actually helped).  Today I used the extra boards from our raised garden beds and built the boys a "Tool Shop".  It's just two partial walls connected to the fence, but they can hammer away at it all they like :)
 I'm really proud of myself actually.  Their doorway has a piece of wood they have to step over so we can keep any toddler friends who visit out of danger.  Through the summer I expect we'll add a work bench and a seating bench and lots of slightly protruding nails will be added by the boys.
Here's a little sneak peak of the garden.  We've decided to dive into raised beds and a drip watering system this year.  We've moved the greenhouse and built a new foundation for it.  Currently we have peas, radish, spinach and lettuce growing in the greenhouse.  We ended up having 10 raised beds, each 12x4.  It's been a lot of work digging the whole yard up during winter, but it should be awesome come spring!

No comments: