Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baby

It is official. We are having a baby. Today I went to the doctor for the first appointment and it was quite an experience. The nurse was louder than even I can be. She said some really funny things though, like she told me I would trip over painted lines. He he he.

The official due date (as official as we all know due dates are not) is January 13th, the same day as Laura Biles' birthday.

So, being eight weeks along here is baby Biles:


Steve took the day off today so after my doctor visits we decided to go hiking. We went down to Golden and started climbing up a mountain though it was cloudy and a little foggy. Part way up we heard thunder but pushed onward. We got to the top, saw lightening, and headed straight down. A few steps down the mountain, and what else but hail? It wasn't large, perhaps the size of lemon heads, but they came down with a vengeance. We scrambled down and made it to the car throughly wet but laughing. It was too bad that I didn't take my camera with us.

After our adventure with hiking we stopped at 7-eleven and got slurpees and headed home. Now I'm bundled up in a sweatshirt trying to get warm. It was quite the adventurous day =-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is so exciting! Of course I already knew about the baby, but it is still exciting to have it officially announce, and have an official doctors appointment behind you.