Saturday, October 17, 2009

Update

I lost the cord to hook my camera up to the computer about three weeks ago, and after visiting 3 stores today I was finally able to buy a replacement at Wolf Camera. Who knew it could be so hard to find a USB cable that fit? Now I am in the process of copying 154 pictures from my camera to the hard drive. I apologize that this is yet again a post of many occasions in one, now that I can get my pictures onto my computer I can try harder to post each week.

We ordered Cooper his first entree this last Tuesday at the Cheesecake Factory. He enjoyed their Macaroni and Cheese. It was so cute! He loves eating food that has tons of flavor, and tonight we went to PF Changs. He got to eat egg drop soup, some of the orange peel chicken sauce on some rice, and carrot cake - he loved it! His top two teeth are adorable. One has really poked out, but the second is being stubborn. We've been able to see it under the gums for two weeks now, but it hasn't made its way through yet.

Cooper and I got our flu shots yesterday. I kept postponing it because I hate how sad he is when he gets shots. The flu shot was a complete opposite reaction from what I expected. He hardly even flinched, and wanted to get down and crawl around right after getting it. Not a cry or anything. That will make it easier on me next month when we have to go back to get his booster shot - I'll hope for the same reaction.

For the last few days the weather has been wonderful. We have enjoyed it by spending a lot of time outside. Cooper has "helped" me and daddy rake leaves (on two different days). When he helped me he decided that leaves taste really great, and wouldn't stop putting them in his mouth. When he helped daddy he tried to put one leaf in the bag and failed, so he decided to take them all out of the bag instead. We also spent some time at the park where tasting rocks was on the agenda, oh well, I'm sure there are worse things for a little boy to put in his mouth.

Today we spent the day doing house work. Steven and I tackled the garage. It was a ton of fun. We painted one wall with chalkboard paint and now we have our own 12 foot long by 6 feet tall canvas to do with as we please. We also hung another bike rack to hang the stroller up and out of the way (right now we have four strollers - umbrella, single, double, and bike trailer - and they take up tons of room!) After finishing our painting, hanging, and sweeping in the garage it is finally an organized place. Yay!

Steven has been in town for the last few weeks and we have enjoyed having him here. It has been an interesting couple months with a few more to come. We still share one car and Steven bikes to work when he can. He is finishing his last semester of graduate work (yay!) but that means he has to go to class. I get to have the car to avoid cabin fever only on Tuesdays and Fridays, and then only if the weather is good (if it is poor I'm kind enough to let him take the car to work, but only just barely =-).

I don't remember if I posted this yet or not, so forgive me if it is a repeat. Cooper now drinks from a straw. I couldn't believe it. Maybe it is common for babies at his age to be able to do that, but I didn't expect it. When we went to the doctor for his 9 month visit last week she suggested that we try a cup with a straw so that he learns that milk comes in a cup, not a bottle, and our next transition will be easier. That morning I bought a couple kids cups with lids and straws. I got a little milk in the straw and poured it in his mouth so he would get the idea that milk will come through the straw and then he immediately started sucking on it and was successful. I couldn't believe it! Now we have a cup everywhere we go (usually with water in it) and we are changing outfits, and diapers, a bit more often.

The city we live in has a pumpkin fest every year where contestants make catapults to see who can launch a pumpkin the furthest. We were able to go as a family last Saturday, but it was so cold! We all bundled up and got to watch two pumpkin launches before we were freezing and had to head home. What an experience!

Recently we made some ghostly footprints and hand prints with some friends of ours. It was a little play date at our house. The kids enjoyed the toys and the moms got to be creative decorating the cute footprints. I mailed a few of them out and hope that most readers got one. I'm excited for Cooper to be a little bit older so he can color his own art projects.

Cooper is standing a lot more now. He likes to balance against something with his chest and then let go with his hands. He can't balance for long, but he keeps trying. We've gone to the children's museum a couple of times now, and he has enjoyed practicing his large motor skills there. He's a super fast crawler and is often motivated to get places. I am so lucky to be able to have such a wonderful little family!

2 comments:

A. Cobb Family said...

I LOVE the video of him drinking through the straw at the cheese cake factory. He is so cute!

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

Sounds like he is a cute little man..very fun!