Seriously, when will our house be illness free?
Steven and I had the flu on January 3rd. Which, by the way was the day Cooper took his first steps.
Then Cooper got sick the next week with pneumonia.
After being on antibiotics for 10 days (and feeling alright through that) Cooper started with a little runny nose, then throwing up, then wheezing and coughing and was then diagnosed with RSV. Which is a virus, therefore, the cure is time and lots of hugs. In the mean time, many more sleepless nights.
I thought he was feeling better this weekend and we had fun going to story time and a hike.
Then yesterday morning Cooper was inconsolable. He was super fussy, but that passed and I wasn't too worried about it.
The red flag went up when he woke up from his afternoon nap and was very lethargic and running a fever.
Steven and I took him to the after hours clinic where they determined he has an ear infection.
Now we are on a stronger anti-biotic and it has yet to kick in, so Cooper is super fussy because his ear hurts.
I feel so bad for him when he doesn't feel well. It's the saddest thing to know he is exhausted but doesn't want to sleep. He screams at you when you put him in the crib like, "don't you know I don't feel well?" I told Steven I felt like I was exiling him to his crib and it broke my heart. However, the whole family needed sleep (and still does) so thankfully after a short 5 minutes or so of crying he generally goes to sleep. Now, if only the rest of us could get caught up on sleep.
Polar Express
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment