Thursday, July 22, 2010

What a Rollercoaster!

After spending four days in the hospital I was released last Wednesday late afternoon to come home. I was super thankful to my mom and my sister for coming out and helping at that point. While I was in the hospital Cooper spent time with his friend Emersyn and his Grandma Janet. We couldn't have asked for better people to step up and help us out in our time of need.
Cooper climbed out of his crib multiple times for Grandma Janet, so we've now changed the front rail to the toddler rail that came with the crib. He is enjoying his new found independence. Since I've been home Cooper's gone through a separation anxiety type of experience and was very clingy, but is now back to his usual self. He's learned how to open the refrigerator (I'm working on getting one of those child proof locks for it) and he loves climbing on the kitchen table.
One afternoon, Cooper fell asleep on my lap in the reclining chair. My phone rang and I slid out to get it. He loves to sleep on his tummy and it was funny watching him in his sleep trying to move to a comfortable position. This is how he ended up:
We got a large package in the mail and Cooper loved playing in the box.
I love the little gopher teeth.
Steven's parents, grandparents, and aunt came to visit us on Saturday. They brought this super yummy cake. (If you don't get the joke, you have to remember I just went to the hospital for kidney stones)
Lately Cooper has loved cuddling with his blanket and monkey. One day in particular I couldn't pry the blanket out of his hands if I had wanted too, so we went to the grocery store with it. At least the monkey stayed at home. =-)
We feel super thankful and blessed to have such great family and friends who have helped us out in the last couple of weeks. Thank you everyone!

No comments: