Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall Harvest Festival

Here is a picture of some of the corn that we grew in our backyard.  It was our first year growing corn and it turned out great.  We learned a lot.  We grew an Indian corn since sweet corn is so readily available at our farmer's market.
 We went last Saturday the to Plains Conservation Center for their Harvest Festival.  The boys had a lot of fun.  Cooper and his friend Jude were helping Ethan to walk around the tepee.
 Cooper really wanted to build a scarecrow when he saw one at the front gate.  I told him we'd see if it was an option.  It was (although much more expensive than I would have liked).   I let him do it anyway and he had a blast.  Ethan really liked crawling around in the straw while Cooper was stuffing his scarecrow.




 Here's the finished product.  The one on display at the festival had a broom, so Cooper got out of the car when we got home and immediately grabbed a broom for his scarecrow to hold.  He's now sitting in the kids play area to scare the crows (ha ha!).

No comments: