Today after church and nap time we decided to take a family bike ride to our neighborhood park. Ethan LOVED the idea of riding in the trailer.
Cooper had so much fun once we got to the park. He was running around and saying, "Come with me daddy!"
Ethan did the following a number of times:
Walk/Crawl up the ramp.
Get to the slide.
Go down head first on his belly.
Get some sand in the face and get up.
Quick move! Brother is coming! ... Repeat :)
We also swung on the baby swings.
Cooper liked that for exactly one push. Then he wanted out.
I guess he wanted to push the swing instead of ride in it.
On the big swings.
Climbing like a spider.
I've been working on a quiet activity book for Cooper for Sacrament meeting. Here's what I've got so far. It is unfortunately too much stuff for the 1/2 inch binder to hold, so I either have to get a bigger binder, so scale down his stuff.
There are tracing sheets (on the left) that are reusable with a wet erase marker. There are 6 zippered pocket bags with matching games that include church related items (prophets, apostles, bible stories) and not church related items (right now I have Thanksgiving and plan to change it to winter in 2 weeks).
Then there is this cute ABC book that I found online, I wish I could remember where....
Next I have his Road to Reading pages so he can practice his reading skills (see the Little Adventures Preschool blog for more updates on what we're doing in preschool).
In the last two sheet protectors I have the Friend magazine and the Ensign magazine, both are church published magazines - the first for kids, the second for adults.
There are also a couple of games and a clipboard and a magnetic board in the back cover of the binder. It worked pretty well at church today. I'm trying to teach him to pick an activity out of the binder, play it quietly, and then put it back and pick a new one so he can be self sufficient. Now I just have to figure out how to keep Ethan out of trouble during that time so we can listen :)


No comments:
Post a Comment