Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Basement Demo

We got a quote from a company to custom build a railing for our basement stairs that matches the one going upstairs.  This is fantastic because in the last week the boys have pulled out slats from the current railing and it's about to fall to pieces.  I can't have that happening with full preschool classes, so we started tearing out the old railing to get the new one put in.

 Today I was painting the walls where I had to touch up everything after pulling it all out and the boys wanted to paint too.
 I even learned how to apply texture to a wall and it is all looking so much better now!
 These are pictures from yesterday when we were taking out the old railing.  Cooper was taking pictures and didn't realize the shutter wasn't all the way open :)
 Ethan has been a champ in the last few weeks.  He's working on potty training and is doing fantastic.  He is in underwear at home now and pull ups when we go out.  Every day he gets a little better at it!



 Since I was taking out the railing I decided that the crack between the molding and the wall on the other side needed to be fixed at the same time.  I'll post more pictures in a couple of weeks of how it all turns out.  Should be beautiful!

No comments: