Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ethan

Tuesday morning I went in for my 39 week appointment and was already 5 centimeters dilated. My fantastic doctor felt that it left us with very little room once I actually went into labor to get to the hospital, so he made an appointment for us at noon. We dropped Cooper off at our friends home and headed to the hospital for a nice calm ride. It was much better than driving in a rush with contractions. We got to the hospital and they started me on penicillin. A few hours later they broke my water and about an hour after that I was able to push and we met the newest member of our family. Ethan.


Cooper was very uncertain about baby Ethan. Over the last couple days he's taken a liking to him and enjoys watching all the things he does.



Ethan's first outing was a family walk to the ice cream shop for some celebratory ice cream.

3 comments:

Halsey said...

Ah!!!! You have a new baby! Congratulations! Keep a list of tips for making the transition from one to two kids. I am nervous about it! What cute little boys.

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

Congrats!!!! That is awesome and he is soooo adorable! Who delivered you? get some sleep, we will have to get together sometime!

CHEERS-
Hilary

Call if you need anything

Honey said...

Congrats Amanda! He's adorable!